Behind every great company is a great team! Be part of our family business and join our enthusiastic, motivated and professional team here in the beautiful mountains.
Winter 2020/21 and Summer 2021
Having grown significantly over the past several years we have created the role of maintenance person to help carry out the day-to-day tasks of the business. Being part of the Pure Morzine team comes with a variety of responsibilities and you'll need to have a professional, flexible and friendly approach, a 'can do' mentality and be able to work efficiently under pressure. We require an individual preferably with previous supervisory experience within a winter/summer holiday environment and/or experience of DIY or maintenance. Good common sense and a team spirit is a must!
With 150+ guests in resort per week during the winter and a portfolio of 25 individual properties in resort this will be a challenging but rewarding position and will evolve over the course of the season due to the nature of the business.
The role will be full time with full days on Saturday and Sunday with varied hours on the other days.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth running of all the properties in resort and to assist the resort manager/owners with day-to-day tasks, change-over weekends and maintenance duties.
This role can become an all year round position for the right candidate.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of French language to conversational level is desirable as we are a French business.
- Professional manner, friendly personality and able to think on your feet.
- Basic understanding of general maintenance (electrical, plumbing, carpentry, repair work etc.) is required but training will be provided.
- The job may require working unusual hours if there is an urgent maintenance issue and a call out is required.
- Proven multi-tasking and time management skills to ensure duties are carried out on efficiently and to schedule.
- The ability to think clearly and make quick decisions.
- A professional manner and a calm, rational approach under pressure.
- Excellent administration, organisational and motivational skills.
- Competent in using computers and learning new applications etc.
- Experience of the holiday industry is a must – ideally experience of previous ski seasons with a quality chalet/apartment company or maintenance position within a winter/summer holiday business.
- Experience of dealing with the people in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Must be a confident driver with a clean license held for more than 5 years (and over 25 years old for insurance purposes).
- You MUST be available to work for the full length of the contract - with a start date of mid-November and an end date of May 2021. (the start and end dates may vary with the needs of the business).
Outline of Role
The role involves providing support to the management and change-over team as well as carrying out day-to-day tasks. You will be given cleaning training in order to maintain our high standards and will need to have excellent customer service, organisational and communication skills and be able to work within a team and independently. This role requires a high level of attention to detail as well as flexibility and a willingness to work in any area of Pure Morzine when required to do so.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To manage maintenance work as it is briefed in relation to the Pure Morzine property portfolio. You will also be expected to identify and carry out basic maintenance work autonomously.
- To identify parts and materials required to carry out each job and buy the relevant parts from our in-resort suppliers.
- Carry out weekly maintenance tasks during changeover weekends or whenever there is a call out.
- General maintenance of vehicles (such as weekly cleans and re-fuelling).
- To clear the snow at rental properties (if needed) and keep all external areas of properties clean and tidy.
- Daily jacuzzi checks and weekly changeover of water, chemicals and filters.
- Carry out bin collections (at all properties) during the week.
- Weekly meetings with management to organise the coming week.
- Weekly report of all maintenance work completed or currently being carried out.
- Help management with large maintenance tasks on all the properties (this is on an as and when basis when things break or need replacing).
- To monitor stock levels of basic maintenance/jacuzzi materials to ensure we have optimum stock levels in the store.
- Addressing problems or potential problems, troubleshooting and alerting the management team.
- Help with change-over clean if needed and carry out checks once finished to ensure our high standards are consistently met.
- Ensure Pure Morzine standards of cleanliness and service are consistently maintained in all properties.
- To help with linen deliveries/distribution where required.
- To deliver luggage for clients as and when required.
- Interact and show genuine interest in our guests to create memorable holiday experiences and to answer general queries that they may have.
- Carry out such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
- Demonstrate a willingness to “go above and beyond” as required to get the job done.
- Being the ‘eyes and ears’ of Pure Morzine, making sure that all jobs have been achieved at all times by the other team members (including the Directors!).
- Be self-motivated and demonstrate consistent focus and enthusiasm.
- Be a valued team player by taking measures to assist your colleagues when your own work-load allows (particularly on changeovers).
- Attend and contribute to weekly meetings to plan the coming week.
Personal Appearance & Uniform
- Be well presented at all times, wearing smart-casual, practical and comfortable clothing.
- Be mindful when wearing branded work-wear, you will be representing Pure Morzine.
Benefits of working with Pure Morzine:
- Work for a real local French family business in a new role - you will be able to personalise this role as it will evolve over the course of the season.
- A competitive monthly pay and additional accommodation allowance. This will be paid in arrears into a French bank account.
- Two full days off per week and flexible working hours in line with the needs of the business. Hours will be calculated weekly and adjusted throughout the month.
- Quality Ski/snowboard equipment from our local rental partner (if needed).
- Company mobile phone for carrying out work duties.
- Use of company vehicle whilst on work related duties.
- The chance of a year-round position should you prove yourself.
- Regular performance appraisals to ensure your skills continue to develop.
NOTE: Accommodation is not included and due to the nature of the role you will need to live in Morzine itself.
Interested? Get in touch...
Should the prospect of joining our team interest you please send your CV with cover letter and photo to email@example.com. We will only consider applications that include all three items:
- Your professional CV
- A corresponding cover letter
- A professional photo
We look forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte, Ric & Sona
Winter and Summer
Our change-over assistants help prepare our weekly rental properties for our newly arriving guests. Working days are mostly Saturday and Sundays but can be occasionally midweek.
- Previous cleaning experience is essential and full training will be given.
- We will help you get set up on the French employment system – allowing you to legally work in France.
- Hourly rate of €15-€18 (depending on experience).
NOTE: Accommodation is not included.
Interested in joining our team?
Please send your CV, photo and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Charlotte, Ric & Sona